Thursday, May 24, 2012

Washington | Day 2 | Blind Island

This is one of the nicest outhouses I've ever seen. The back door opened so staff can remove the waste and dispose of it in the *compost bins* at the rear. It's brand new, and I hope it works out.
On the road again
This was the only tree hanging in the water that was covered with Mussels. Why do you think the mussels choose *that* tree.
Wildlife!


I've been reading a book on nature photography and this morning I read this: "Superimposing a rectangle on a tiny part of the world give the contents of the frame importance." I like to think I gave these particular yellow and pink flowers a bit more importance today. Normally they're just one of many.
I would really like to know what kind of flowers these are. So far, I've only determined that they are not poisonous.

Pepperoni, mushrooms and mozzarella with a polenta crust.

Tonight, we're sleeping on Blind Island, which is a small island just big enough to have a hill and four campsites. Our outfitter told us that it's usually filled with about 40 cub scouts, but not this early in the season. Woot woot!

No comments: