Monday, May 28, 2012

Sasquatch | Day 6 | A Petrified Forest, Tenacious D & Beck

By now, I'm getting a little antsy about deep fried concession food and being able to see any sort of uncommercialized wilderness. So we headed toward the Columbia Gorge to see if we could spot any water.

 I'd like to know what kind of plant this is.
We also stopped by the Ginko Petrified Forest. You may wonder, how many trees does it take to make a forest out here? The answer is about 12-15, each guarded under crates. Arrow above point to one tree.
This is the only Ginko tree in the forest. Then we had lunch at a roadside diner. I had a turkey avocado bacon burger.
  • Group Love - great, high intensity show, need to get their album...
  • Sally Ford and the Sound Outside - I'm feeling a bit burnt
  • Cloud Cult - see photo above
  • Fun. The crowd swelled up to watch this band. Too bad they only have a few really well known songs. Also, I respect a band that wears the name of their band. I feel like if I had a band, I would too. Especially if I were on tour, milking my few hits, and not wanting to do laundry.
  • Feist - with her set of very normal looking mid-30s back up singers
  • tenacious D, need to watch documentary and download Rize of the Fenix. They came out wearing fur robes and then assistants came out to help them take their robes off, revealing their worn out t-shirts and jeans. They even sang their Sasquatch song, which I would later learn to come from their mockumentary of the Pick of Destiny.
  • Beck - two turntables and a microphone.

No comments: