Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Day 9 | Wildlife Viewing

Lazy morning at the hotel, finally:) Then onto a wildlife viewing tour. Little did we know we were the only ones on the tour. Much better this way.

I got a bit nervous when we drove through a local neighborhood and went looking for birds... but then I realized we were seeing lots of cool stuff in those neighborhoods. Maybe I should pay more attention to my own neighborhood and the birds around there.


After so much spotting, we took an afternoon tea break with delicious scones and tea. We started to ask our guide random questions and found out he used to work at a bungee place in New Zealand. We asked him about crazy stories and he immediately spent the next ten minutes about when he gave a topless (then later naked) woman an orgasm using only the bungee cord, and about how lots of women like to do bungee topless and the guys running the bungee like to see their boobies jiggle when they're hanging upside down and they need to undo the straps. This is not the story I'd lead with in a conversation with new people...

Looking for the elusive platypus... we were there for close to an hour and half and below is the best photo I have of it... above it what it looked like most of the time:) our guide is in the background trying his hardest to find a platypus for us. Chux is looking at his camera. Mandy is determine to find that third type of mammal.

Apparently this is a very rare animal to find in the wild - Northern Leaf Tailed Gecko. Our guide was very happy. He spotted this across the parking lot (very impressive).
I think I really like trying to find animals in the dark, especially after realizing no "really" dangerous species are around.

Our spotting guides...



Five new things
1. Met an adrenaline junkie
2. Went spotlighting for animals
3. Saw a rat kangaroo (on the side of the road)
4. Drank Port from the truck area of an SVU
5. Saw a fig tree stand on its own

No comments: