Wednesday, March 29, 2006

You'll never believe what I'm getting paid to do...

No, it's not a cult. Or porn.

It's a research group that's looking for "creative consumers."

Five of us total from DCU woke us unusually early (6:30AM!) for a day of creative "training." Luckily, as soon as we arrived they had coffee and muffins ready to go. There were about 25 people total going through training, which involved:

  • Role playing a story which involved a soft drink

  • Creating a "fresh world" collage out of magazines

  • Creating energy drinks that an inhabitant of "fresh world" would drink (my group's favorite idea was energy shots to add to water, milk or soda)

  • Creating new transport (my group's idea was iBike, a bike that would recharge your gadgets while you ride)


Here's a picture (sans Juno) of the DCU crowd that went. Please note the creative ideas taped to the background wall.


Overall, it was a really great experience! I learned some new creative thinking methods and met a bunch of cool people. Best part though: gettin' paid. Supposedly, the check is in the mail, but if it arrives I get 180 Euro ($216) for one full day of work. I've even been called back for a real creative research group tomorrow and Friday! ((Where I'll be making even more moola, thus providing the funds for Frankfurt.))

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great-I get paid to scrub scrotums and you get paid to be creative-what's wrong with this picture?!!

Anonymous said...

Is your boyfriend wearing a frat-boy-douche-bag necklace? This could be a problem.

Juno said...

I believe it's a collar, and it was provided by the cult, I mean research group.