Thursday, March 16, 2006

St. Patrick's Day Eve

It's the day before St. Patrick's Day in Ireland, and I've not met one person excited for the holiday. How disappointing! I keep getting excuses like "It's a big mess with old men puking in the streets" or "everyday is a reason to celebrate". Tomorrow is the big parade at 11am, and a bunch of us are going, I'll make sure to fill in details tomorrow or the day after. I have a feeling it'll be cold and rainy though ((I've had excellent weather up until this week)). It's been raining off and on all week and today there's a bit more snow. That's four times I've seen it snow here:)

In other news, I signed up for an advanced type of market research group that only recruits creative people. So yesterday, a bunch from class went to the Morgan Hotel to interview for it. A company called Interiority had us take a couple creative tests (I managed to get marker colors all over my hands). It was very surreal, they kept offering us drinks while taking the tests. I think I had three glasses of white wine. Hopefully I get in, it sounds like it would make a great story.

And a bit about what my school is like now: In video production class, my group is doing a documentary on puppets, and we've managed to get an interview with Ireland's most famous puppeteer, Eugene Lambert, who had a wildly popular children's show on RTE (Ireland's TV network). In HTML class, my partner and I are creating a web site for a non-profit organization that deals with child labor practices in India. We're focusing on web accessibility issues and it'll probably be made entirely of CSS. In Flash class, I'm working on animating a poem. And in Marketing class I'm writing a report on Jason Fried, who's doing some interesting Web 2.0 stuff at 37 Signals.

It's snowing a bit heavier now, it'll be a struggle to go to class today. Life is really rough sometimes:)

No comments: