Friday, October 28, 2005

Darklight Symposium

Being the excellent student you all know me as, I felt compelled to spend my Friday at the Darklight Symposium, which is a series of speakers and panels discussing the future of digital media. They mostly talked about Web 2.0, distribution methods, and video for mobile devices.

My favourite speaker was a guy (who looked about my age) who talked about "open source" or "free" software and where copyrights are going. I didn't know that free software was based on four freedoms. Here's the link on that. I'm sure nobody, except maybe Noland, will take a look.

Just thought you'd all like to know how studious I am:)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Juno, You forgot to mention that they talked about the wonder of blogs..an education in itself! il check back here soon, glad to see u had fun in glendalough. see you monday, hope you're doing lots of reading for reading week!
Aoife

Juno said...

Yes, this is an Irish friend who also attended the conference and is a future member of the JPFC (AKA Juno Post Fan Club). Please note the very Irish name - Aoife, pronounced Ee-Fa. Crazy Irish!