Saturday, August 07, 2010

Seattle Work Trip?

I volunteered to go to Seattle for work. So I showed up on Saturday for a shift that starts on Monday:)

I wasn't quite sure who was out there already, but happily found out it was Amy (from my application team), Ashish (from the PA team), and Danielle (from the MI team). Good time had by all. Here are the highlights of my whirlwind weekend adventure of Seattle.

Lunch at homemade Italian place, right next to Pioneer square. (Cabonara, mmmm, bacon.) Then off to Pike's Place Market, in the rain of course.



First Starbucks, ever. I had a grande non-fat latte. It was packed, like most Starbucks. Although this one had an old-timey band busking outside.



Rachel (the Pig), my latte, a Marriott umbrella & Me. She's a piggy bank! All donations go to social services.





Watching the nice men behind the fish stand handle fish like frisbees.



The Experience Music Project, or how I renewed my interest in Jimi Hendrix. The building is often compared to when a guitar gets smashed on stage.



Costumes of the Temptations



The Experience Music Project is in the same building as the Science Fiction Museum. Gotta love Microsoft co-founder Paul Allen for putting the two together.



The back of the Death Star. It's kinda disappointing...



Dinner & dessert at the rotating restaurant at the top of the Space Needle. This is the Lunar Orbiter dessert served up since 1962. For us, it just boiled over...



Space Needle observation deck (free with purchase of meal at rotating restaurant).



On the way down, the elevator guy told us he thinks the Space Needle is 54 stories high. Some say 55, but that's another story... (that joke stayed with us for the rest of the trip.

No comments: