My mom drove a Taurus, it didn't look like this one though. BTW, I love modern art. The Seattle Art Museum was holding special exhibits on Andy Warhol and Kurt Cobain (Seattle native). The Kurt Cobain exhibit exited on the Renaissance period (which made the Renaissance seem incredibly boring...)
I wish I had my own personal photo booth.
I didn't take any photos of it, but after SAM I went to the Klondike Gold Rush National Historical Park. Who would have thought the gold rush played a big part of making Seattle a big city? Below is a park right next to the gold rush building. It's nice to see a closed off waterfall in the city.
On the way to the car, I stopped by the Seattle Central Library. From wikipedia, "For example, a major section of the building is the "Books Spiral," (designed to display the library's nonfiction collection without breaking up the Dewey Decimal System classification onto different floors or sections). The collection spirals up through four stories on a continuous series of shelves. This allows patrons to peruse the entire collection without using stairs or traveling to a different part of the building."
Next up, Pioneer Square again with the group & the Underground Tour of Seattle. Here we learned the 60-ft totem pole in Pioneer Square, the one celebrated by multitudes when it first arrived in 1886, was actually stolen from an Alaskan tribe by a bunch of drunken sailors/prominent businessmen.
Then we went downstairs to the underground... apparently Seattle's original street level was down one story than what it is today. (Some people say two stories, but that's another story...)
An original Crapper on display. Seattle decided to build higher to create a better sewage system.
After the tour, we went to find a good restaurant and ran into the Sounders (Major League Soccer) pep rally before their game. We listened to the pep band and one of the owners give a speech, then walked in the fan-parade to the stadium. We tried to buy tickets, but they didn't have any seats together:(
Dinner at in the International District, delicious.


No comments:
Post a Comment