So, because I booked the Hawaii flight over seven months ago, the flights had changed and I was stuck with a six hour layover in San Francisco. I've never been to San Francisco before...

On the Interwebs, I found a
New York Times travel article about what to do during a four hour layover. I pretty much followed this word for word, knowing that I'll probably be lost for a couple hours.
Get off at Pier 39 for a glimpse of the city’s resident sea lion population. You’ll also see Alcatraz and Angel Island in the bay and the Marin headlands beyond.

No time for Alcatraz. Time for gift shops, though.

Even though it's California, it's about 50 degrees out. I'm chilly here.

The Musee Mecanique, one of the world’s largest privately owned collections of mechanically operated musical instruments and antique arcade machines, as seen on
Princess Diaries.

Then take the historic yet thrilling cable car (don’t worry, it goes pretty fast) past curvy Lombard Street, over Russian Hill and through the Union Square area where you’ll end at Powell and Market Streets and a BART station that will take you back to the airport just in time for final boarding.

I heart the Internet. Next up, HNL.
No comments:
Post a Comment