Surprisingly, the Ress' wouldn't break away from the beach to go to the Honolulu Academy of the Arts, despite the great exhibit on Hokusai's 37 Views of Mount Fuji and a pretty decent collection of impressionist art (I heart impressionists).
I got to make my own print:)
Then I spend the mid-morning just walking around Honolulu and Waikiki.
Picking up tickets for the Luau tomorrow.
The University of Hawaii has a kinda crappy, run-down stadium.
Watching the Badger game in Hawaii was a bit disappointing... band sucked, cheerleaders sucked, their student section was quiet. At least Wisconsin won 57 to 10. And after the first quarter we slid down to get better seats.
On the ride home on the Badger shuttle, we could hear someone from Wisconsin talking to a Hawaii native, bragging about it being 15 degrees in Madison. "15 degrees, that's not even cold for us!" Yes, 15 degrees is cold, even for Wisconsinites. Stop pretending that's shorts weather.
No comments:
Post a Comment