Saturday, April 25, 2009

Paris | Day Two | Eiffel Tower & Musée d'Orsay

Breakfast at the hotel, crossiant/cheese/ham/orange juice.


First stop: Eiffel Tower, which is only three blocks away from the hotel and I brought my Fisheye camera.

While waiting the 45 minutes for the lift up, I enjoyed ease dropping on the three older Spanish couples in front of me. They were saying this was the only thing they'd wait in line for during their holiday - the rest of the time they'd just relax, eat and drink. I think next time I'm in Paris, that'll be what I do, too.
Paris seems to go on forever.
My second stop for the day is the Musée d'Orsay, which is now my favoritest musée ever. Converted from a train station into a museum in 1900, this museum has a fantastic collection of impressionists (Monet, Degas, Cezanne, Renoir, Van Gogh, etc.).
Polar bear (François Pompon), looks like a coca cola advertisement.
So much Degas - all in one room!
Even the frame is pointillism-ish.
Oh France, their love of nudes.

1 comment:

smellspretty said...

who doesn't love nudes?