Sunday, March 16, 2008

Columbus - Circa 1930s

Like everyone else with nothing to do on a Sunday, I headed over to Columbus to see the transformation the Public Enemy crew was making to the downtown area. For those not from Madison area, Public Enemy is the new Johnny Depp movie about John Dillinger (the bank robber) that is partially filmed in Wisconsin - probably the biggest event in Columbus - ever.
They choose Columbus since many of its 1930s buildings are still in tact, and have been working around the clock to make it historically accurate. Please note no yellow paint on the roads, and the cobblestone. I wish I had a "before" picture.
Is that an Edward Jones Investment office? Nope, it's Jones Barber Shop! Also funny was the tattoo parlor they turned into a bridal dress shop, and the Chinese fast food place turned into a diner. I hope the storefront owners had a say in the change.
Better photo of the cobblestone.
They were looking for extras for the movie, but female extras couldn't be taller than 5'8", and I'm not sure what clothing they'd put on a Native American...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are ridiculous.