Thursday, February 21, 2008

Surprisingly Good: Say Hi (To Your Mom)

Tonight, I went to see Say Hi playing at Project Lodge, which, for a small art gallery with a stage, is getting good reviews. Yes, I know the photo is a bit dark, but apparently Project Lodge only uses spotlights for the art work.

Reasons why I went: 1. Say Hi was mentioned in Rolling Stone this month. 2. Project Lodge is started by someone I know (and haven't seen in awhile). 3 & most important. I really liked the Say Hi t-shirts. I bought a black and white screen print of a bear on a word processor.
They seem to have a robot theme in their visual representation, which I respect in a band. More bands should have robots. This is the video running on the side of the wall during the show (created by Beeple?)
I almost forgot to mention the indie-looking kid in the front row who kept writing things (prolly his feelings) in a spiral bound notebook. I wonder what for...

1 comment: