Saturday, February 23, 2008

Breakfast & Blonde Dopplebock

I left the house thinking I was just getting breakfast at Marigold's. Three hours later I'm getting VIP treatment at Capitol Brewery's Bockfest in Middleton.The crowd was very angry and thirsty, which is what happens when you wait over an hour for a beer. I feel like they could have planned things better.
75% of the crowd is in line for more beer. We were about to head home, when Charlie ran into a friend who used to work at Capitol. We followed him right past the "Employees only" door where a second, less packed, party was pulling pints straight from the tanks.
On our private tour. This is just for Island Wheat. The wheat comes from a small farmer in Door County, on an island!
Sorry about skipping art class, Soozy. How often do I get to pour Capitol's new porter straight from the keg. Second batch ever made:)

UPDATE: Just reading through the Isthmus today and realized that Capitol Brewery made a thank you advertisement for those attending Bockfest, and I'm in the photo! (Well, a tiny version of me.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Excused. Next time, though, there will be beatings.