Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Kicking off a New Year!

Sorry everyone (the three, maybe two, people who read this) for not posting in awhile. For New Years I went with an Irish classmate to Longford -- in the center of Ireland -- to celebrate. It was pretty much like New Years in Madison, a bunch of people going out to the bar and drinking heavily (we almost forgot it was New Years!). Since I was mostly around strangers I didn't bring my camera, so anything stupid I did was not documented. Sorry:)

I also won't be doing anything exciting for the next couple weeks. I have a project due on January 20th that's 100% of my grade for two classes... and we just started yesterday. My group is putting together an interactive "thing" having to do with Marshal McLuhan, a media studies pundit in the 60s. Maybe I'll take some nice pictures of me hunched over a computer.

After that project is done we have about two weeks off. A Northern Ireland classmate volunteered to take me home for a weekend, so hopefully I'll do that and another weekend-style trip somewhere else. Flying to Paris or London is about 40 Euro roundtrip, including taxes:)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

40 euro! Sooz and I spent way more than that on gas getting up to the North Shore of Minnesota. I declare shenanigans.

Anonymous said...

Yo Juno,

I need your address, no I'm not sending you anything for your birthday...haha just kidding.

ARS

Juno said...

No way! I haven't sent anyone anything from Ireland, so I won't be made guilty on my birthday. (which is on the 7th, and you've already sent me a letter so I know you have my address)

Thanks anyway ARSE:)

BTW - for anyone who doesn't know, Amanda leaves for Thailand on January 11th for two years. She's joined the Peace Corp to help the world ((AKA find a husband)).