In the meantime, I've been touring around Dublin some more. Sunday I went to the The National Museum of Decorative Arts & History, which houses some of the oldest harps in Ireland. And today I went to St. Michan's Church, which is a really ordinary church on top of Dublin's coolest crypts. Bram Stoker (who is from Dublin) is said to have taken inspiration from the crypts. Best part: I got to touch the hand of a mummified crusader. It's said to be good luck. Time to buy a lotto ticket!
Here's a picture of the outside of the church, and the doors to the crypt. Very spooky!
2 comments:
You should really check out "The Bot" when you hit Belfast. It was amazing! The bus tour was awesome too. Historical and a good sign of how Befast is changing from an urban war zone to a real economic power.
From one 20ish traveller to another, Beflast, the Atrim Coast line and the Giant's Causway are amazing places, nowhere like them on earth!
touched a mummified crusader. hmm, sounds like a lyric from "choking the gopher".
Post a Comment