Saturday, June 09, 2012

Brewery Tour, Cheese Sandwiches & Shuffleboard

Minhas brewery bills themselves as the best brewery tour ever is home of the second oldest working brewery in the U.S. Minhas is named after two Canadian (yet Indian looking) siblings who bought the brewery when they were in their mid-twenties. I wish I had America's second oldest brewery at 25...

We left the tour with at least five six packs, because their must have been a counting error, so we left quickly. Seriously though, the tour comes with all you can drink tastings and a sampler pack. This should not be surprising, because their signature craft beer - Lazy Mutt - only comes in eight packs. During the intro video, there's a quote from Ms. Minhas that they think their consumers would like eight, instead of six. Makes sense to me. I'm hooked. Later I learned they mostly make Mountain Crest there - a Canadian beer that sells for $3 for a six pack. Wow, that is cheap beer. No wonder that wasn't on the tasting tap list.

After the tour, we headed to Baumgartners, for a Limburger cheese sandwich & more.
Ceiling, with dollar bills
Limburger cheese sandwich with onion and horseradish sauce, served with a mint.
The war between beer and wine mural.
Then, back in Madison, playing shuffle board at Silver Dollar.

No comments: