Thursday, January 15, 2009

I ski: a weekend at Bolton Valley, Vermont

Almost our entire work team (about 10 people) stayed in Vermont this weekend. We rented some cars and a condo, and I learned to ski! (Another girl and I took a semi-private ski lesson. Well worth the $50.)
So, even though I love out of control skiing down a hill with snowboarders all around me, I think my favorite part was the chair lift.
Looking downhill from the chairlift.
Cute little skiers. Please note the vanishing point of the chair lift.
Proof. I'm a skiier, even though everything I'm wearing is borrowed or rented.

As a side note, it was a pretty odd weekend. I didn't realize that the guy on the project who is a Vermonter was also planning a Greatest Ski Weekend Ever fundraiser - over 20 of his friends from high school, college & random trips were meeting at Bolton Valley to raise funds for pencils in Cambodia and a New York Theater group. He even flew in his brother from Italy... for the weekend. He rented out the lodge and the brothers played covers on the guitar for an hour while we enjoyed free beer at the bar. When we weren't skiing or sleeping, we were playing drinking games. Check Facebook for those pics.

No comments: