I let Rock pick out the tent site, which meant she choose the closest spot to the water - which was very cool looking, but very loud at night. I didn't sleep at all. The joke was something like, I slept between Rock and a hard place. The upside: as soon as I saw light, I got out of the tent, turned on the iPod (listening to Vampire Weekend and Clear Tigers) and enjoyed the sun rising.
When I saw 15 or so ducks in a line, I had to wake up Rock. So you know, Rock is not a morning person.
After a three-hour paddle against the wind, we finally made the put-out point (again, not what it sounds like) and called the outfitter to pick us up, return the canoes and return us to our cars. On the way back to the outfitter, our driver spotted this adorable baby moose. Trip complete (even though Mandy said she'd have preferred antlers.)
On the way back to Madison, we stopped by Cascade Falls. Here are Soozy and Rock.
I'm reflecting over a well done Labor Day weekend.
No comments:
Post a Comment