Saturday, April 05, 2008

WI Film Fest: Nerdcore for Life

It's been a really musical weekend! The last film fest flick I saw was Nerdcore for Life, a documentary about nerds/geeks/dorks who rap. Since this was the world premiere, it fulfilled everything I like about opening night: crowded room, lots of energy, and best yet, it was playing at 11:15pm at the Bartell theater, which serves beer, in case you didn't have a few before you got there.

One of the nerdcore rappers, MC Router, was there. She sat in the front row (alone) with a line of beers (so you don't have to get another one during the movie), and cheered herself on whenever she was on screen. Sometime singing along with her own songs, sometimes just agreeing with herself, and sometime flipping off her rap rival, Nursehella.

I'm going to spend the rest of the morning looking up nerdcore artists. If you want to see clips, check the producers youtube page.

No comments: