Today, started fairly normal. Charlie, Premo got breakfast around 8:30am at Sardine, then took a stroll up to the Capitol for the Farmers Market. Then Charlie asked if I'd go watch Kegball in our old college neighborhood...
Kickball college rules - You must have a beer in your hand at all times & you must refill your cup at second base (second base is the keg).
Then we got more bloodies at Vintage's Bloody Mary make-it-yourself bar. I opted for Sangria instead. Driving around downtown was hilarious... at one college apartment building, *every* balcony had a grill fired with party revelers.
Since we're hanging with college kids, we took a stroll through the Mifflin Street Block party. I can't believe we're hanging with college kids - they're way too optimistic of the world. One was joining the Peace Corps, one was organizing an African drum benefit for clean water in Africa, and another was working with disadvantaged Madison teenagers who want to be nurses.I generally prefer more cynicism.
We ended the day with watching the Kentucky Derby and having dinner at Cooper's.
No comments:
Post a Comment