On Charlie's recommendation, I've started reading Geek Love. I've tried summarizing it, but until I've finished reading it - here's the blurb from Wikipedia: The novel is the story of a traveling circus run by Aloysius "Al" Binewski and his wife, "Crystal" Lil. When Al's circus begins to fail, the couple devise an idea to breed their own freak show, using various drugs and radioactive material to alter the genes of their children.It goes on to mention the characters were inspired by the International Rose Test Garden in Portland. The camera didn't capture the golden hue as well as I'd have liked:)
Next: having a very calming and refreshing walk around the Japanese Gardens, located right next to the Rose Garden.
Thankfully, the rocks were in full bloom.
The Japanese believed the crooked paths would prevent the evil spirits from crossing. I can't believe they're kicking our ass in math & science.Also, if you haven't noticed, I'm staying out in Portland for the weekend for fun. There are perks to working all the time! (For the record, I averaged 56 hours a week for the months of May and June.)
No comments:
Post a Comment