Sunday, January 20, 2008

White Rabbits @ the High Noon

Vague recollections of a surreal 1940's movie scene eddy up. Six musicians enter a room, take their seats, and begin to play... six different pieces of music. They stop, look at each other, nod, and begin playing again... all different songs. They exchange sheet music, but cacophony still ensues. The memory is dim, but the White Rabbits bring it vividly to life with their strange, but brilliant, Fort Nightly album.
I like that iTunes review on the White Rabbits. So I bought the album, added them to my MySpace friends, and checked if they'd ever tour in Madison. And they did. Last night. Opening for the Walkmen. Since I forgot my camera, here's a nice photo from the web site.
Six performers, dressed in preppy V-neck sweaters, rocking out and switching instruments (sometimes one drummer, sometimes three...). I even bought a t-shirt.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i got your back...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/scaleovenstove/2207352737/