Hiking Club went to Dingle (Southwest Irish coastline) for what most consider the most scenic part of Ireland.
We stayed at the Ballintaggart Hostel. A gorgeous 300 year old building, haunted of course. I slept in the room where a girl hanged herself and rumours say she's still hanging around:) haha. No, I'm not brave - I just didn't know the story until after the trip.
Saturday was a pleasant five hour hike around Dingle leading to the South Pole Inn, a cute pub that's got some kind of relation to Tom Crean - the famous South Pole explorer.
Saturday night was a night on the town in Dingle, filled with TradMusic (Traditional Irish Music), Murphy's (beer), and night club dancing til the wee hours of the morning. I totally amazed the natives with my Midwest moves:)
Sunday, at a moderate pace, we went to Inch Beach to see the absolutely gorgeous sand dunes and Kilarney National Park and the Muckross House. Not a drop of rain all weekend!
For the complete set of pictures, check out Flickr, like usual.
1 comment:
sounds like a nifty trip :) And a beautiful Juno-dance. Keep us posted!
Post a Comment